La malta is one of the main ingredients of la cerveza and la ovomaltine (milk cream malted with chocolate), being produced mainly from barley grains that are moistened and placed to germinate. After nazcan los brotes, the grain is dried and toasted to make the starch available, and produce the beer.
Common malt is produced from barley, but it can also be made from grains of wheat, rye, rice or maize; siendo llamado de acuerdo a la planta that gives origin to each product, such as wheat malt, for example.
The malt is rich in vitamins and minerals, and depending on the type of malt, the amount of these nutrients could vary. However, the benefits of Malta for health are:
- regulate blood pressureas it is rich in potassium, a mineral that helps to relax blood vessels and reduce blood pressure;
- Maintain muscle healthdue to the presence of magnesium;
- prevent anemiafor being rich in folic acid and hierro;
- Could help maintain blood sugar levelsso how to increase insulin response, as it is rich in fiber;
- Improve the functioning of the nervous systemas it contains vitamins from the B complex and selenium, an important mineral for good brain function;
- prevent osteoporosis and strengthen bones and teeth, as it is rich in calcium, magnesium and phosphorus.
To obtain these benefits, you must consume between 2 to 6 spoonfuls of barley malt.
In the table, the continuation shows the nutritional composition of barley malt harina:
|Components per 100 g|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||5.6 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.7 mg|
How to use it in the production of beer
In the production of beer, malta is the source of starch, a type of sugar that is fermented by yeasts to produce alcohol and other characteristic components of this drink. In this way, the type of malt and its form of production determine the taste, color and aroma of the beer.
To produce this drink, grains of wheat, maize and/or rice can be used.
How to use it in whiskey production
Whiskey is produced from barley. These grains go through a process that makes the starch present in the barley turn into sugar, generating así la malta. Once the malt is obtained, it is fermented with yeast to produce alcohol, which is distilled a couple of times, thus increasing the alcohol content, so that it can be stored and aged in oak barrels.
Maltese Pan Recipe
Ingredients (makes 10 servings of bread)
- 300 g of ground barley malt;
- 800 g of wheat harina;
- 10 spoonfuls of millet;
- 1 shallow spoonful of biological yeast;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 350 ml of milk;
- 1 spoonful of butter.
- Mix all the ingredients with the hands in a bowl to form a homogeneous mass, which must be kneaded for 10 minutes;
- Leave the dough to rest for 1 hour;
- Knead again and place the dough in a greased mold for bread;
- Cover with a cloth and wait for the double of its size to grow;
- Hornear con el horno preheated at 250ºC for 45 minutes.
After finishing the cooking in the oven, you must remove the pan and keep it in an airy place to maintain its shape and texture. However, it is important to remember that people with gluten intolerance cannot consume barley. See what are the foods that contain it.
Verified by RJ9823 – Public Utility – cc2.0
Consult a Doctor | Translated by User2937
Content for educational purposes only
The translator user relied on the following text:
Tua Saude Website – REF93782 – Verified
Disclaimer – (English version>) This content has been prepared based on information from research, additional publications, or the translation/verification work of a volunteer editor of this web council. This is a non-profit service. It is strongly recommended that all details and information published be carefully verified. We never allow medication recommendations, medication package inserts or any medication guidance. We never allow partisan politics as information.
Isenção de responsabilidade – (versão em português): Este conteúdo foi preparado com base em informações de pesquisas, publicações adicionais ou no trabalho de tradução/verificação de um editor voluntário deste conselho web. Este é um serviço sem fins lucrativos. É altamente recomendável que todos os detalhes e informações publicadas sejam verificadas cuidadosamente. Nunca permitimos recomendações de medicamentos, bulas ou qualquer orientação sobre medicamentos. Nunca permitimos a política partidária como base para checagem. Para mais informações, leia nossos termos.