The treatment for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is carried out through the use of medication, cognitive behavioral therapy or a combination of these. In the presence of symptoms that indicate this type of disorder, it is important to consult a pediatrician or a child psychiatrist, as they can indicate the best treatment for each child. See how to identify the symptoms of ADHD.
Likewise, for the treatment of children’s ADHD to be effective, it is very important that parents and teachers become involved in the treatment, improving the environment in which the child lives, creating a routine, organizing the environment and proposing activities for the child. suitable moment.
The natural ways to help in the treatment of this syndrome are: food control, avoiding foods rich in coloring and sugar, such as palettes, caramels and gelatin; stimulation to the practice of physical activities, in addition to the realization of alternative therapies, such as meditation and acupuncture, which are very useful to calm and stimulate the child’s concentration.
Treatment options for the hyperactive child include:
1. Treatment with medication
The treatment for ADHD is carried out with medications that promote a decrease in impulsivity, inattention and symptoms of movement, facilitating better social interaction and performance at school or work. The options include:
- psychostimulants, as Methylphenidate (Ritalin), is the first option for treatment;
- antidepressants, such as Imipramine, Nortriptyline, Atomoxetine, Desipramine or Bupropion, for example;
- antipsychotics, such as Thioridazine or Risperidone, for example, are only useful in specific cases to control behavior, especially when there is intellectual disability (formerly called mental retardation).
In case of difficulties with treatment, there are other drugs that can be used, such as Clonidine or Guanfacine, for example. The type of medication, dose and time of use are determined by the psychiatrist in accordance with the needs of each child or adult.
2. Treatment with psychotherapy
The psychotherapy that is indicated for the treatment of ADHD is called Behavioral Cognitive Therapy, carried out by psychologists, and focuses on changes in behavior and the creation of better habits, allowing a confrontation of the problems caused by ADHD, generating motivation and autonomy.
In addition to psychotherapeutic treatment, it is also important to work with the entire social context of the child with this syndrome, involving priests and teachers in day-to-day maintenance of orientations, which are essential to help sustain focus and attention. baby
3. Natural options
The alternative treatment for ADHD, which does not replace, but it helps in the treatment of the person who suffers, includes:
- Relaxation and meditation techniques, Through yoga, acupuncture and shiatsu, for example, you can help control symptoms of agitation and improve concentration.
- Maintain an organized environment at home, with rules that facilitate the development of tasks and improve concentration, because the disorganized environment can influence the behavior of impulsivity, hyperactivity and inattention.
- Stimulate the practice of physical activities it is essential to reduce hyperactivity, it can help to spend energy and relax;
- food care, Avoiding foods rich in colorings, preservatives, sugars and fats, can worsen behavior and impulsiveness.
Asimismo, the treatment with the speech therapist is recommended in specific cases where there is, simultaneously, a reading disorder, known as dyslexia, or a written expression disorder, known as dysortography.
Guidelines for the family
Instructions for the family on attention deficit and hyperactivity are important to complete the treatment. Some of them are:
- Establish regular hours in the child’s daily life;
- Mirar a los ojos del niño when you can with it;
- Help organize the studio space, removing materials that can distract you;
- Offer a space of silence and tranquility for the child to study and study;
- Offer another activity when the child starts to shake;
- Share information and use fewer words to explain something.
Furthermore, it is important to promote the child’s socialization with other children as a way to reduce the symptoms of ADHD.
Verified by RJ9823 – Public Utility – cc2.0
Consult a Doctor | Translated by User2937
Content for educational purposes only
The translator user relied on the following text:
Tua Saude Website – REF93782 – Verified
Disclaimer – (English version>) This content has been prepared based on information from research, additional publications, or the translation/verification work of a volunteer editor of Salutio.org. This is a non-profit service. It is strongly recommended that all details and information published be carefully verified with your trusted doctor, this being just a vehicle for basics about certain healthy behaviors, conscious food consumption and other notions. We never allow medication recommendations, medication package inserts or any medication guidance.
Disclaimer – (Portuguese version>) Este conteúdo foi elaborado com base em informações de pesquisas, publicações adicionais ou pelo trabalho de tradução/verificação de um editor voluntário de Salutio.org. Trata-se de um serviço sem fins lucrativos. É fortemente recomendado que todos os detalhes e informações publicadas sejam cuidadosamente verificados com seu médico de confiança, sendo este apenas um veículo para noções básicas sobre determinados comportamentos saudáveis, consumo consciente de alimentos e outras noções. Nunca permitimos recomendação de medicamentos, bulas de remédios ou qualquer orientação medicamentosa.