Dyslexia is a learning disability characterized by the difficulty in writing, speaking and deleting, which is when it is diagnosed in childhood during the literacy period, although it can also be diagnosed in adults, especially when children are not attending school.
This disorder has 3 degrees: mild, moderate and severe, whatever interferes in the learning of words and reading. In general, this disability occurs in several people of the same family, being more common in the children than in the children.
While dyslexia does not have a cure, there is treatment to help the person to overcome, in the measure of the possibility and of their abilities, the difficulty in reading, in writing and in deletreo.
Generally speaking, people with dyslexia have a big, ugly letter, even though it’s legible, which is what some teachers think about this, especially when the kid is still learning to read and write.
Literacy takes a little longer than children who do not have dyslexia, but it is common for children to change the following letters:
- f – t
- d – b
- n – n
- w – m
- v – f
- sun them
- sound – mos
The reading of quien presents dyslexia is slow, being common the omission of letters and mix of words. Asimism, according to the age, other characteristics can emerge:
1. Children under 7 years old
- Comienzan to speak later;
- Delay in motor development such as gate, sit and/or walk;
- Difficulty understanding what you are listening to;
- Difficulty adapting to the school;
- Trouble sleeping;
- Call, restlessness or frequent agitation.
2. Children over 7 years old
- It takes time to carry out the tasks of the house or carry them out quickly but with many errors;
- Difficulty to read and write, inventing, adding or omitting words;
- Difficulty to understand simple texts;
- Omit, add, change or invert the order and direction of letters and syllables;
- Difficulty concentrating;
- Not wanting to read, especially aloud;
- Follow the text line with your fingers;
- He easily forgets what he learns and gets lost in space and time;
- Confusion between izquierda and right, up and down, ahead and back;
- Difficulty in reading the hours, for sequences and counting, requiring fingers;
- Difficulty to delete;
- Slow writing, with ugly and disordered lyrics.
- It takes a long time to read a book;
- Omits the finales of the words at leer;
- Difficulty thinking about what to write;
- Difficulty making notes;
- Difficulty in following what the other dicen and sequences do;
- Difficulty in mental calculation and time management;
- Forgo writing, for example, text messages;
- Difficulty in properly understanding the meaning of a text;
- Need to reread the same text several times to understand it;
- Difficulty in writing, with errors in changing letters, and forgetting or confusing aspects in relation to the puntuación and the grammar;
- Confusing instructions or telephone numbers, for example;
- Difficulty in planning, organizing and managing time or tasks.
Dyslexia does not prevent communication, which is why people with this disorder are usually very sociable, especially since they prefer to communicate face to face instead of using text.
How to confirm the diagnosis
The diagnosis of dyslexia is usually carried out in childhood, and it is necessary to carry out specific questions that must be answered by priests, teachers and surrounding people. The test consists of several questions about the child’s behavior in the last 6 months, and it should also be evaluated by a psychologist, who will give indications on how the child’s follow-up should be carried out.
Apart from identifying if the child has dyslexia, it may be necessary to answer other questionnaires to know if, in addition to this alteration, the child has some other condition such as attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder, which is present in many cases of dyslexia.
Realize nuestra prueba online of attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder.
what causes dyslexia
Although the exact cause of the onset of dyslexia is not known, however, it is common that this disorder appears in several people of the same family, which seems to suggest that there is some genetic alteration that affects the way the brain processes reading and language.
Who has mayor risk of tener dyslexia
Some risk factors that seem to increase the chances of suffering from dyslexia include:
- Have a family history of dyslexia;
- Having been born prematurely or with low weight;
- Have been exposed to nicotine, drugs or alcohol during embarazo.
Although it can affect the ability to read or write, dyslexia is not related to the person’s level of intelligence.
How is the treatment performed?
The treatment of dyslexia is carried out with the aim of stimulating reading, writing and vision, reducing the impact of this disorder on daily activities. For this reason, the person with this disability usually needs a follow-up with a multidisciplinary team that includes a pedagogue, psychologist, speech therapist and even a neurologist, who can implement different strategies, according to the main difficulties.
Verified by RJ9823 – Public Utility – cc2.0
Consult a Doctor | Translated by User2937
Content for educational purposes only
The translator user relied on the following text:
Tua Saude Website – REF93782 – Verified
Disclaimer – (English version>) This content has been prepared based on information from research, additional publications, or the translation/verification work of a volunteer editor of this web council. This is a non-profit service. It is strongly recommended that all details and information published be carefully verified. We never allow medication recommendations, medication package inserts or any medication guidance. We never allow partisan politics as information.
Isenção de responsabilidade – (versão em português): Este conteúdo foi preparado com base em informações de pesquisas, publicações adicionais ou no trabalho de tradução/verificação de um editor voluntário deste conselho web. Este é um serviço sem fins lucrativos. É altamente recomendável que todos os detalhes e informações publicadas sejam verificadas cuidadosamente. Nunca permitimos recomendações de medicamentos, bulas ou qualquer orientação sobre medicamentos. Nunca permitimos a política partidária como base para checagem. Para mais informações, leia nossos termos.